Boiler Acid Rinse
RTA has been acid cleaning boilers for many years, guaranteeing 95% to 100% clean, and has achieved the expected results. Using a modification of a full acid clean, the acid rinse provides many advantages.
- 1/3 The Price
- 1/3 The Risk
- No Residual Of Disposal Problems
- Results: 50%-80% Clean
Why Use An Acid Rinse?
- With an acid rinse, RTA is able to use less acid, less manpower, and the customers’ cooperation to achieve almost the same results of a complete guaranteed-result acid cleaning.
- Less acid means less stress on the boiler.
- Less RTA manpower means significantly reduced costs.
- A customers’ cooperation means the acid rinse is performed during a boiler tear down, minimizing any extra cleaning time for the customers’ employees.
How Does Acid Rinse Work?
- RTA gives the customer complete instructions.
- The customer prepares the boiler with injection fittings and vent fittings.
- RTA pumps in the acid and supervises the heating process.
- An RTA representative returns the next day after the customer has rinsed out all boiler sludge.
- The results are mutually evaluated by the customer and the RTA representative.
Tabulation Of Fuel Loss From Scale
|Scale Thickness(in Inches)||Coal Wasted Per Ton Fired(in Pounds)||**Oil Wasted Per 1000 Gallon Burned (in Gallons)||** Gas Wasted Per 100,000cf Burned (in cubic ft.)||% Fuel Savings|
*Based on table prepared by United States Bureau of Mines.
** Based the same percentage waste as when burning coal.
***Based extrapolation data